Lukhanyo Mdingi TOP 8 Finalist for Elle Rising Talent



 

I have to brag and say Cape Town is the best fashion city though, lol. I am excited to tell the entire world and the people that have not yet heared the news that one of my "choma" (someone you know but not really friends or close with) has been selected as one of the finalist for this years Elle Rising Star Design Award Lukhanyo Mdingi 


I met Lukhanyo about a year ago through my late friend Monde (may his soul rest in peice) at CPUT as they studying together Fashion Designing. What a sweet, shy personality but one thing I have to give him is his fashionable sense. He lives to break boundries when it comes to fashion, simplicity but trendy. 


‘Yesterday, I got the call! I was in shock! I was literally waiting all morning for my phone to ring. I was over the moon when I heard Poppy Evans on the other end of the line. The feeling was indescribable.'






 






















‘The concept for my range was basics. I wanted to use primary shapes and aesthetics by incorporating them into my range. I wanted to create clean minimalist looks that are not seen as inadequate and bland, but that are distinct, powerful and have a natural flow and relation to one another. I love to use clean lines and staple garments that at the same time use the human body and treat fabric choices as an illusion. I tried to create elements of fabrication, minimalism and the natural human body and silhouette in my storyboard.’






So all I have to say is BEST OF LUCK MY CHOMA.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Joelle Kayembe scoops Most stylish model : SA Style Awards 2014