MBFWCT Spring/Summer 2014-15


MBFWCT Spring/Summer 2014-15


I know, I know, I know, this post is so late overdue and I literally have no excuses but just being tired out. MBFWCT 2014 as you may all know was last week. I attended the 3 day event and got more than what I bargained for. First day was super exciting as I attended with my little sister, for her debut at Fashion Week. We had a good time discussing the shows and street style. As I was busy on Instagram, she was busy taking photo's on and off the runway. Anyway, as it is still the topic of choice for some, the controversy around Gavin Rajah's finale look?! Can we talk about that or actually not. I am still baffled as to what to believe as I just can't imagine two designers creating the same thing, identical dress with just a shawl to differentiate them and a lower than the other slit opening. From day 2 this was all that Fashion Week was talking about, I mean we had Kluk and CGDT opening their new store, the anticipated shows from Ruald Rheeder, Fabiani, Craig Port and Fabiani but all that everyone was talking about was this controversy. I have to mention that I was really annoyed and disappointed as to how this thing took over the MBFWCT Day 2, all everyone was fucking talking about was it. Anyway, I got over it as soon as I got my 3 straight up  Grey Goose glass. Now lets talk about real fashion, (no shade). Can we just say, WELL DONE to the mucherfucking menswear designers this year. I applaud you all and bow down. Y'all made me want to change my fashion situation and become a real fucking MAN.




Ruald Rheeder



















  Picture Credits: SDR


What I like about Ruald is his inspiration for his collections. He travels to get inspired, dedicating months to create and give us a collection that we can clearly see and understand its origin. I died for the jumpsuit, the lady inspired looks with pearls. I mean, is this not a fresh take to Summer. Now lets talk about his menswear. I could not believe what I was seeing. The kaftans, jumpsuits, easy suits, florals, colors and the styling of everything. I LOVE this guy a lot, and have been following his career since my YDE days. If I had a lot to spend, I would literally change my entire look for Spring/Summer with just his collection.




Craig Port




















  Picture Credits: SDR

 
The Great British Summer: Craig Port gave us sport lux for days. Clean cuts, styled to perfection, color enhance, pastels, everything that one needs to pull off a sport inspired look. His vision is always on point and takes you to a journey of discovery.




 Fabiani 













 







 Picture Credits: SDR

The Fabiani Cafe. Nothing beats a man with a perfectly tailor suit. Fabiani always provides when it comes to yachting with your friends on a sunny afternoon. Short suits with polka dots, a golfer with straight cut jeans, a musk bordering to peace linen suit and you tell me what else do you need.

 Other Shows Attended:




























All in all, MBFWCT S/S 2014-15 was a blast. Thank you to all the designers who shared their sweats, long hours, back pains and all to create collections that inspired a lot of us to evaluate and grow ourselves in fashion. 

XOXO 
Tight Butt!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store