H&M finally launched in South Africa

PoseZA recently attended the media and VIP guest launch for the long awaited opening of H&M South Africa at the V&A Waterfront. When I say long awaited, I mean since we all heard about it from the beginning of the year, coming to the preview we attended in June (http://poseza.blogspot.co.za/search?q=h%26m) where we were introduced to the brand and we were left wanting more. H&M has made a record with opening the biggest store in South Africa if not the entire hemisphere. The store does not only cater for fashion but also have their fabulous home department and kiddies department.
As celebrities, media and the VIP guest invited by H&M flocked in around 7pm as the store was officially opened to the invited, all you could see was flashes everywhere as paparazzi and media outlets snapped away and interviews were underway. The staff greeted us with smiles and excitement as we entered the 4700 m building and I literally lost my mind for some seconds and decided to grab a glass of champagne to calm myself from the excitement. I was with my fellow blogger and friend Lawrance (boyinpr.co.za) and we decided to start from the second level where we found the most beautiful, longest ride escalators I have ever taken and not only that but the walls around are all mirrored.
The menswear, kiddies and home departments are all situated in the second level which means that the entire first floor is all womens clothing. After Lawrance decided on what to buy from the menswear and I had quite a few glasses of champagne, it was my turn now to go to the ladies department and see what H&M had in-store for us androgynous dressers. I was gasping the whole time and could not decide what I wanted or which on of the brand styles I belonged too. They had their 2015 "spaceship" goddess section which was amazing, whereas their boho chic collection which included a-bit of street style in it which printed logo tops and a little bit eighties vibe. Last but not least the section that eventually stole my heart and soul was the very easy pyjama collection that included shirt blazers and wide leg silk pants and tailed short suits.
We partied until midnight with jams from the lovely and sweetest person DJ Zintle and DJ Ready D as we got tipsy and let loose with the likes of Mr Siv Ngesi, Monde Mtsi, Siki Msuseni, Nontando Mposo and Gabi who rocked the dance floor we created next to the DJ's . Thank you to H&M, Press Room and ofcourse TheLittleBlackBook for an incredible evening and party . I officially dub the event as the party of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store