South African Menswear Week A/W : Review

So, South African Menswear Autumn/Winter happened last weekend marking the first ever for Africa's fashion industry. Going through all of them I decided not to do the norm of showcasing everything but rather what Pose.ZA felt needed to be known by my fellow posers. First and foremost, I have to congratulate all the new, young creatives that showcased and brought a collection that kicked most known designers. I have been and always be the No.1 fan of Lukhanyo Mdingi, Rich Mnisi and Jenevieve Lyons, as they have defined menswear in South Africa and Africa for young adults like us. The way they take couture to ready-to-wear is somewhat amazing. Simplicity is their known and this time they added some details which I could not awe towards. Mr Chu Suwannapha showcased his 1st ever collection which I have to mention when I heard he was showcasing that my nails where finished by the end of day thinking about it. Mr Chu is a depiction of a creative that never stops creating. He is the only guy that I know that can wear print on print and make it as manly as a men wearing a kilt. His collection of course was print on print but what I was interested in was his detail on his trench jackets, the shaped created with the print fabrics used on the looks. His knit wear and the patterns on it was amazing. I really fee like 2015, men are really taking the risks in fashion as I mentioned after the J&B Met , Its amazing how they have taken a turn so fast. Last but not least Craig Port, a designer I really look up to when I eventually have my own clothing label. His aesthetic and detail and perfection to cut so good is something I only wish to posses in life. His collection "Inspired by the juxtaposition of modern and ancient Japanese design" is a reflection of his growth and amount of research he and his team go through in order to bring a trendy yet new designs to the table for men. I have been seeing this Japanese inspired looks in Milan Menswear especially in street style and to see a more defined one by a South African designer made me believe that this is a trend to wear and focus on. I applaud him for taking the leap and risk to make men wear kimonos and wrap shirts. Its not everyday that as I hear men wear astonished and in awe when the designer showcased, with a standing ovation. Men are about to rule the fashion streets this year, wait for it and you'll regret. Join the movement and you will be ordained. Photo Credits : SDR
Lukhanyo Mdingi
Rich Mnisi
Jenevieve Lyons
Chu Suwannapha
Craig Port

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store