Lexus South African Menswear week

For the past two months I have had to keep a secret of from a lot of people and ofcourse from you guys and my social media follower. I got a text from someone I now call a friend, Ollie, who I knew at that time as a model. I literally had to read that text about ten times just to make sure I was not seeing things and ask my friend to read it to me once again: 'Hi Owethu, I have a proposal and hope you can help. Tokyo James is in need of a Stylist to help him with his showcase at the Lexus South African Menswear week. Please confirm if I can send him your number'. I replied with 'YES' and could not think of anything else to write as I was dubious. 


Tokyo James is one of a kind menswear designer, with a story to tell all the time. I got introduced to this creative soul in 2015, when SAMW just launched in Cape Town and have been following his magnificent career ever since. The way he blends perfect tailored suits with a modern edge always gives you a sense of seeing the future through his designs. This year's collection was nothing but pure creativity and innovation, with almost every model in leather. 


The collection consist of mainly three colour palette, black brown and green. Leather suits, trench coats, tailored suits, knits and for see Tokyo gave us leather travelling bags and backpacks with branded helmets that took us to a ghost town as soldiers.

My role was to style and finish the looks and I could have not thought of any other brand to partnered with to complete Tokyo' vision but Steve Maddens latest collection of army brogue boots and their leather formal shoes. The collaboration was perfectly made in fashion heaven and a partnership was born. I now have been named the official Stylist for Tokyo James after we had a great show and styled the campaign which I can't wait for you all to see.

We already started planning his S/S collection showcase and his campaign for Lexus South African menswear week in June and it promises to deliver you to a fantasy world where everything is dreamy.

Photo Credit : SDR

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful stuff O!

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Joelle Kayembe scoops Most stylish model : SA Style Awards 2014