SAMW S/S20 dates confirmed

As we just received news that SAMW S/S20 will kick off with an evening presentation from selected designers on the 05 of July 2019 leading to all shows on the 06 of July 2019 we recall this year's A/W19. I did not do a review as I had planned for this year's A/W 2019 due to honestly not having enough time as I had just started varsity at Red and Yellow Creative School of Business and still working. I decided on using my social media to cover the event and leave it at that. It’s been six months now at the varsity and I have finally got the hang of things. So I will be reviewing the designers which left me gasping for air and taking in the impact they have on social change, gender and sexuality. The reason is due to the shift which you will be seeing, if not yet on my social media channels and on PoseZA. Lifestyle will always be the number one priority as I have clearly stated on PoseZA Aim but as I have grown and transitioned, my lifestyle has changed slightly as I am aware of and understanding my new “community” of non-binary. This is not to alarm anything or anyone as I will still be giving you the front row seat to all the exclusive events and product launches on PoseZA. XM Creations, ALC Man, Tokyo James, Nao Serati, Rosey & Vittori, Palse All images sourced from SDR photo for all designers and edited by me. My look for this year's A/W19 was from ALC Man. My relationship with the brand started when they dressed me for last year’s SunMet with the infamous stripped two-piece (wrap shirt and pants) and we have never looked back. Last year at SAMW A/W18 I twinned with my friend Ollie with their shweshwe two pieces (I wore the pants and their white wrap shirt while Ollie wore their shirt/jacket). I usually send Brenden the look I want to wear before they come to Cape Town so that I get the clothing at least two days before the show and plan my entire look. This time around Brenden suggested the asymmetric shirt and kimono and allowed me to style it however I wanted. I fell in love with the look from the get-go and opted to go all symmetric with my makeup and accessories. Nonetheless, I have to declare that by far this has been my best look for any fashion week attended. Alc man:
The initial inspiration for this collection stems from the work of Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai, in particular, two of his pieces from “The Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji” series; one of them being “The Great Wave off Kanagawa” and another focussed on Mount Fuji itself. The combination of color, texture, and mood of these two works caught our interest and resonated powerfully for the upcoming season. We collaborated with independent ceramic artist Frank Nthunya for our ladies wear AW19 collection. Through the process of developing the men's collection, we drew inspiration from Frank’s spontaneous and experimental working process of realizing the silhouettes of his pots, the intricate detailing in the textures, and the effect and colors that the surface of the clay takes on once fired. Often, our finale look is intentionally left undefined until the very last minute, because at this point you can see the collection clearly as a whole; and it is from here that we create a piece that gives our collection the perfect dramatic finish. We tend to focus on elements of the collection that feel strong or pick up on some nuances that play up the story behind the collection. This season, our closing look comprised of a dusty pink and navy hand ice-dyed ensemble: a detachable sleeved shirt with exaggerated length, a fitted long sleeved t-shirt, wide leg cropped trousers, a matching bandana and hand made leather shoe coverings, made from leather off-cuts. One of our favorite once-off pieces from our #AW19 collection is the handmade camouflage textile. This fabric has been made up using 7 different shades of khaki, green and grey Shweshwe as well as reused off-cuts found in our studio. Each shape has been individually cut out, pressed and stitched onto the base cloth which served as a canvas for our handmade camo. The garment panels were then cut out from this cloth and made up into a long length ‘shacket’ (shirt jacket), trousers and a bucket hat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store