FLAT WHAT???






















Introduced only last spring, slowly but surely flatforms became the new direction to flats. Flatforms are level platforms, your typical, at home or beach sandal but higher. When I first saw them, at our local retailer, foschini, I was shocked to an extent that the sales lady asked me if I would like to try them on, the way its shaped and thinking to myself," what on earth is going on here", a loafer with a platform, I could not resist.
 
None-the-less I tried them on and while doing so, the thought was if I will be able to walk in these and ofcourse they should be heavy. Well to my disappointment they were the most comfortable loafers I have ever worn, I mean the flat loafer that are also trending now with bright colours or zebra/leapord print are very unease to ones toes. Trust me, I have one.
 
This is when I decided to take out my blackberry and started researching as to when this drastic change started. It appears that dereke lam, micheal kors, juicy couture and a couple of other designers decided to take another direction on flats for thier last spring collection. Ofcourse living in africa we get to see these "new adventures" later when the entire world has decided what we are going to wear for our spring season.
Then Elle Magazine, September issue, flooded their ELLE Shops fashion spread with a fabulous girl wearing them and this is when I decided that this is going to be a trend that will stay for a couple of years, as like the skinny jean has proven.
So engage with me, and tell me what you think about this haute trend coming to South Africa, a HIT or MISS?








 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
csquaredsa.tumblr.com
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store