Feature Wednesday: Guest contributor Morgan Gray


Feature Wednesday
Guest Contributor: Morgan Gray
 



Fashion and Philanthropy: Combining Two of My Favorite Interests

Each one of us has talents and interests that can benefit others. I enjoy finding new ways to make the world a better place. Rather than wasting time looking in places where I have no particular interest or focusing on projects that don’t appeal to me, I like to find philanthropies and socially conscious companies I can support that share interests of mine.


Philanthropy

Several years ago, I learned about an organization called (RED) when it was featured by Oprah. The organization focuses on fighting AIDS by partnering with various manufacturers who market (RED) products. Whenever consumers buy (RED) products, the partner will donate a portion of the proceeds to fighting AIDS worldwide.


Philanthropy and Fashion

I enjoy using my personal interests as ways to help others. I enjoy trendy clothing and fashion in general, so I actively look for companies that sell fashion products and give back.

By shopping with Global Goods Partners, I know I am always getting items that fit all three of these descriptions. The company currently works with 38 partners in 20 countries to help artisans worldwide earn reasonable wages for their crafts. I particularly love the scarves and jewelry I have purchased from them.

Any time I need a new pair of trendy pair sunnies, I check out Warby Parker. Sometimes the best way to get a fresh look is with a new pair of eyeglasses. This leading online company sells fashionable, durable eyewear for a fraction of the costs found at other retailers, and they give back by donating a pair to needy individuals for every pair they sell. Additionally, the company works with non-profits to train entrepreneurs from low-income regions to sell affordable prescription lenses.

I love seeing people work together for a good cause. I especially enjoy it when I can be a part of a larger network of individuals working for the good of others. Since I am particularly passionate about clothing and fashion, I try to channel this passion into good works. Hopefully I’ve also encouraged some of you to support companies and organizations that do good.

Comments

Hey, please send me an email at owzation@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign