JabuMkhonza at MBFWJ

MB Fashion Week Joburg showcased one of friends collection for the AFI Fastrack. This is her first post on her blog http://pumeza-mkhonza.blogspot.com/2011/09/greetings-from-planet-stiletto-lol.html which she gives us an insight on who, what she is. 

"
Greetings from planet Stiletto! Lol... ….i decided my first post should give u a chance to get to know me….im Pumeza Mkhonza….im a Cape Town based fashion designer who’s had a very big year..Yep….my dreams have been coming true slowly but surely and I want to take u with me on this trip…I’m a 21 year old varsity student and die hard fashion addict. Yes addict. Addiction because I’d probably miss my own wedding to attend Milan fashion week…
Speaking of fashion week this year I had the opportunity to debut as a designer at this year AFI (Africa Fashion International) Fastrack Graduate Show. An initiative brought about by AFI to Fastrack a group of designers into the industry.it has been the greatest experience of my career and one of the most exhilarating journeys. From preliminaries to fittings to rehearsals to the actual day. It really is hair! Make up! action…I’ve grown to learn that fashion is what I live for. Not that I’m a follower but I’m a creator…..i want the world to put on my pieces and feel unique I want to prove the masses with tools of expression...
I started this blog with one purpose in mind…to put South African fashion on the map…I’m just here to show u what u missed and what you should see…all the nooks and crannies and the best kept fashion secrets are here for u to see…plus I aim to have lots of fun sharing my opinions on things and people in this wonderful industry. South Africa has a lot to offer…watch this space and feel free to leave any commentary!

XoXo
P.Mkhonza" 
 
I do think that we ought to take note of this girl as she is turning heads in the fashion industry. Even my lil'sister is inlove with her as Jabu will be the designer behind her Matric Ball gown.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store