MondeMunchyJacobs

This post is dedicated to Monde "Munchy" Jacobs. 

I knew Monde when I am started high school as the very out and proud person that he was. In grade 10, we started being friends after I came out in High School to everyone, my straight friends that is, and he embraced me and showed me the ropes. We hit it off with another friend of ours, Zozo, and everyone at school started calling us the 3 sisters. We grew close as the high school years passed and we all went together as a group to the Matric Ball. After finishing High School we became even more close as we both took a gap year, trying to figure out what we wanted to do even though we knew it would be around the fashion industry.

We were both virgins to the life outside, never drank before and never partied like a mad person, and that year was the year we started all that together. He was a life guard at Mnandi Beach and tried to get me in as well as we were inseparable but I did not make the cut but would always be at his house everyday as he would send me a call back when he is back home. We would chat up until midnight and he would take me home and this is what happened throughout the years we have been friends.

Monde spent his life as the most humblest person I have ever known and he was not shy to tell you what he thinks about certain things. Although he was very shy every time he came over to my house, as he said Nonde and Mon scared him, he did not stop coming. He was a good friend, loyal and appreciative. I remember so much about the time we spent together, going to our very first night out at Ostrich Farm, having brunches at Neighborhood, me going to Camps Bay just to chill with him after work, our first boyfriends being friends, so much that I tear up every time I think about them.

I do not want to dwell as every other person experienced Monde in their own special way but would like to mention that he was such a sweet heart and admirable person. I think of his mother and their relationship and that tears me up as well, as he called his mother Mummy, with a high pitched note when he wanted something from her. lol.

I will honor him by using all the advice he has given me and try to be at least a 1/12 of his humblest self. I will miss him with all my heart and I know I am not suppose to say this, but Lord, you took him too early. Lets celebrate life as monde would have said and no regrets at the end of the day.

I love you Mami, Munchy, Ednom...





I have the same fabric pants as we designed them together and sewed them until Mid_night. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mai Thai Wellness Spa review.

Press Release: Sissy Boy A/W 2104 Campaign

Fabiani's Sandton Flagship store